If you are in the constant search for an effective weight loss regimen, then you must have come across the term “intermittent fasting” at some point in life. Intermittent fasting is referred to as a proper eating pattern wherein there are cycles between periods of fasting & eating. Several studies have revealed the multiple benefits of intermittent fasting in the current era. Intermittent fasting has shown to have powerful benefits for the body as well as the brain.
If you are new to ensuring a healthy life, then you can consider starting with the intermittent fasting regimen. Here are some benefits of intermittent fasting that you must know about:
- Modifications to the Functioning of Cells, Hormones, and Genes: When you do not consume anything for a while, there are several modifications that happen in the body. For instance, the body starts off with the vital cell repair procedures along with changing the hormone levels for making the stored body fat highly accessible. Some of the major changes that occur in your body during the fasting phase of intermittent fasting include:
- Effective cellular repair
- Drop in the insulin levels –leading to fat burning
- Increase in the overall human growth hormone
- Gene expression with respect to ensuring longevity and protection against several diseases
- Loss in Belly Fat & the Overall Weight: Most of the individuals out there practice intermittent fasting on the pretext of losing weight effectively. The main role of intermittent fasting is to make you consume fewer meals. In addition to this, intermittent fasting is known to enhance the overall hormonal function towards facilitating weight loss. A higher level of human growth hormones, lower insulin levels, and increased amounts of noradrenaline –all of these contribute to breaking down of the body fat and facilitate the same for energy utilization.s
- Reducing Insulin Resistance: Type 2 diabetes has increasingly become quite common in recent times. Surprisingly, intermittent fasting has been known to reflect major benefits when it comes to ensuring reduced insulin resistance. Thus, it leads to a significant reduction in the overall blood sugar levels in the body. In human studies of intermittent fasting on insulin, the stage of fasting has revealed around 3-6 percent of the reduction in the blood sugar levels.
Make the most of the intermittent fasting to accelerate your weight loss regimen effectively.